The London Marathon Charitable Trust
The London Marathon Charitable Trust supports organisations and communities that are committed to inspiring and increasing the numbers of people regularly taking part in sports and physical activities by providing grants for capital projects in Surrey.
Who can apply?
Not-for-profit organisations with a written constitution can apply. This includes registered charities, community amateur sports clubs, community interest companies, social enterprises and sports clubs and organisations.
Organisations established by statute or statutory powers, including schools and local authorities, are also eligible to apply.
How much can I apply for?
The Trust currently has two open Capital Grants Programmes:
- the Small Capital Grants Programme for grants of £5,000 to £19,999 has a simple one-stage online application process and applicants will be informed of the Trustees' decision within 16 weeks of submitting an application.
- the Major Capital Grants Programme for grants of £20,000 to £150,000 has a two-stage online application process with successful applicants invited to submit a detailed Stage 2 application if their Stage 1 proposals meet the programme criteria.
What are the funding priorities?
The Trust's main aim is to encourage and support increased participation in sport and physical activity, especially amongst one or more of the following in 2017:
- individuals who are currently physically inactive or who have low levels of activity
- groups that are currently physically inactive or who have low levels of activity
- children and young people outside of school hours
What are the deadlines?
The Trust accepts applications throughout the year.
Further information can be found on the Trust's Trust's website.