Specsavers Surrey Youth Games
The Specsavers Surrey Youth Games (SSYG), sponsored by Specsavers, is the largest multi-sport youth event in the county and gives young people (aged 6 to 16 years) experience of a competitive, countywide sporting festival.
About the Games
The games are spread over a single weekend every year and it brings together children from all over the county, where each of the eleven districts and boroughs in Surrey compete against each other in a variety of sports.
Children in the district get up to eight weeks free coaching in a range of different sports and then get selected to compete for Mole Valley.
The Specsavers Surrey Youth Games 2019 will take place at Surrey Sports Park in Guildford on Saturday 15 and Sunday 16 June.
During the weekend, out of the 356 registered participants 135 sporting stars from Mole Valley were given the opportunity to experience SSYG and were able to showcase their talents and teamwork against other children from all the different districts/boroughs in Surrey. Mole Valley finished 11th in the medal table with 4 bronze medals and a huge number of individual judo medals (3 gold, 3 silver and 8 bronze). We also finished 4th in team entries and most importantly 4th in the Gerry Ceaser Fair Play Award. See below for all results tables.
Eligibility for the Games
To compete for Mole Valley District Council you must:
- live or go to school in Mole Valley
- be of the correct age and gender for the sport you wish to take part in.
- not be representing a club in the sport you wish to take part in
- unfortunately, it is only possible to register to compete in a maximum of two sports on the weekend of the SYG tournament (one on the Saturday and one on the Sunday). It is not possible to compete in two different sports on the same day of the games weekend
- want to have loads of fun!
Across the 15 teams Mole Valley entered into the games they did brilliantly and managed to accumulate three medals overall, and 10 individual judo medals doing the District extremely proud.
For further information about the SSYG please visit Active Surrey's website.