Mole Valley District Council (MVDC) is the trustee for the Thomas Flack Trust Fund, which offers funding support for projects benefiting the residents of Leatherhead, Ashtead, Bookham and Fetcham. The fund has limited resources and therefore funding applications up to £25,000 are advised. Applications can be made for both Revenue and Capital projects.
Revenue costs can include activities, events, running costs (excluding permanent staff costs), publicity, equipment, and start-up costs. Capital costs may cover community and sports building refurbishments, and large equipment costs for community benefit such as play equipment.
The funding round for applications to all the Thomas Flack Fund for the year 2022/23 is now closed.
Applications for the 2023/24 round of funding can be submitted from April 2022. The deadline for submission is 30th September 2022. Grant payments for revenue projects will be made from April 2023. Grant payments for capital projects are also made after April 2023, on completion of your project and receipt of supplier invoices.
As part of the grant process, the names of the organisations who have applied to the Thomas Flack Trust Fund and the details of the applications will be included in the MVDC February Cabinet meeting agenda. The Cabinet meeting is live-streamed and therefore the decisions of the Cabinet will be made public prior to the applicants being notified.
How do I apply?
Complete the Expression of Interest form below to find out if your organisation and project meets the eligibility criteria.
Based on the information you provide, we will advise you if your project or organisation meets our eligibility criteria. Please note that providing you with this information and an application form does not guarantee that your application will be successful.
When making a full application you will also be asked to supply additional documents by email or post.
Previous projects awarded Thomas Flack Fund Grant funding
1st Fetcham Scout Group - £5,000
- Funding towards new storage facilities for the scouts
Age Concern Mole Valley - £1,000
- To help fund the purchase of I.T. equipment
B@titude/Leatherhead Community Hub - £7,500
- Funding towards the installation of toilets and kitchen area at "The Hive"
Horsley and Bookham Riding for the Disabled - £7,500
- To provide funding towards the new riding centre
The Leatherhead Institute - £10,000
- Funding towards replacement of the Institute's windows
Mid Surrey Community Fridges - £7,820
- To help fund the fixtures and fittings of the new café at the North Leatherhead Community Hub
Ashlea Medical Practice - £4,000
- Funding towards the purchase of a micro-suction microscope
Head2Head Theatre - £2,500
- To help fund Family Holiday Activity Sessions and multi-sensory community pantomime performances for people with special needs.
The Grange Centre for People with Disabilities - £2,000
- Funding towards creating a dedicated level walking/running track
YMCA East Surrey - £11,000
- Funding towards the "Mind The Gap" Project providing help for young adults experiencing mental health and emotional wellbeing difficulties.