The garden waste collection service will be suspended from 28 December 2020 until 8 January 2021. Customers can still recycle their Christmas tree by chopping it up and placing in your garden waste bin - ensuring the lid can still shut - ready for the service to restart on 9 January.
We run a fortnightly garden waste collection service which offers residents an easy and convenient way to recycle all year round.
Your brown lid wheeled bin(s) need to be placed at the edge of your property by 6am on the day of your collection.
- branches (no thicker than seven centimetres (three inches)
- hedge trimmings, leaves or small twigs
- garden prunings and cuttings
- dead plants and cut flowers
- other organic plant material (e.g. fallen fruit)
- stones, gravel or rubble
- food waste
- pet litter or waste
- timber, wood or sawdust
- plastic bags
- cardboard or paper
- flower pots and seed trays
- glass or metal
Only garden waste contained within the wheeled bin will be collected, so you must purchase extra bins if there is excess waste.
Bins found to contain any items it shouldn't will not be collected until the contamination has been removed. Similarly, containers that are considered too heavy for safe handling will not be emptied until the weight has been reduced.
The annual collection cost per wheeled bin is £56.50.
You can buy a maximum of three wheeled bins per household at a cost of £41 per bin.
Arrangements and payments can be made by contacting customer services on 01306 885001
MVDC will separately send you information on your first and ongoing collection day.
A new subscriber to the service will have to initially purchase a garden waste bin, costing £41, unless there is one already at the property.
Please note, the customer is responsible for looking after the bin. If your bin is lost or stolen you will be required to pay to replace it. To request an additional or replacement garden waste bin please call 01306 885001.
You can withdraw from your subscription service at any time, but will not be eligible for a refund. If you are moving within the district, you can request a transfer of an active subscription service to your new address. To withdraw your subscription or to request a transfer please call 01306 885001.
Terms & Conditions
- The customer is responsible for looking after the bin. If your bin is lost or stolen you will be required to pay to replace it. Please number your bin to reduce the likelihood of this happening.
- We reserve the right to cancel collections during periods of adverse weather and to suspend collections for up to 2 weeks during the Christmas period.
- If a collection is missed, the customer must notify us within 48 hours of the scheduled collection so that we can rectify any error made.
The garden waste is emptied into a dedicated vehicle and then sent to a local facility to be shredded and recycled into compost to be used as a soil improver.
Home composting is the most environmentally-friendly way as it rots down to produce nutritious compost which you can then use on your garden.
Composting is easy to do, and there are lots of things you can add to your compost bin or heap. It takes just a few quick steps to get started.
To find out how, visit the Surrey Environment Partnership website. Discounted compost bins and food waste digesters can be purchased the the Surrey Environment Partnership's subsidy scheme from £14.20 including delivery.
You can also take garden waste to any of Surrey's community recycling centres for free; find your nearest one on the Surrey County Council website.