Freedom of Information (FOI) requests have shown that there is a demand for a variety of data from Mole Valley District Council's business rate records.
What information is available?
We publish this Business Rates information quarterly. The current information is dated 1st July 2020 and so the next update will be published in October 2020.
The following information is published in the 'Download' section at the foot of this page in both Excel and machine readable (.CSV) format:
- Property reference. Used by the Valuation Office Agency of HMRC
- Property address
- Property description
- Current Rateable Value as at 1st July 2020
- Amount of supplement included in the annual charge
- Whether a property is empty or occupied, where the ratepayer is not an individual or individuals (Y/N or N/A where an individual)
- If empty the date the property fell vacant
- Whether small business rate relief applies (Y/N)
- Whether mandatory or discretionary relief applies (Y/N)
- The percentage of mandatory or discretionary relief
- Whether Rural Rate Relief applies (Y/N)
- Ratepayer's name, where they are not an individual or individuals
- Ratepayer's correspondence address where they are not an individual or individuals
- All ratepayers registered for Business Rates in last 3 months
Credits (most recent)
- NDR credits
- NDC credits written on (where ratepayer is not contactable to refund)
Ratepayer names and correspondence addresses are provided where the account is not in an individual's name. Data Protection prevents the publication of individual names.
The ratepayer is the person liable to pay the charge. In many cases this is a leaseholder and not an owner. It is not possible to identify the owners from our records.
Account references are not included as these are personal to the account, and are used to ensure that a ratepayer is actually the account holder when they contact the Council.
Freedom of Information requests have been received for mandatory and discretionary rate relief start dates. The start date is not a separate item of information on our records, and so is unavailable. However where an organisation has charitable status, relief will normally start from the later of either the date that they gained that status, or the date that they became liable for business rates.
Registered offices for companies can be found at Companies House
Charity details can be found on the Charities Commission website
Ownership details can be found on the Land Registry website.