Programme of supervised activity at Dorking Sports Centre or Leatherhead Leisure Centre for the prevention, improvement and/or medical management of individual health conditions.
Referrals to the programme can be made by health professionals including GPs, physios, mental health professionals, district nurses and occupational therapists.
Cost of the scheme
£45 up front to give the maximum discount equating to only £2.25 per session. To encourage continued use after the course, excellent discounts for membership are available.
How to book a referral
Referrals can be made at either Leatherhead Leisure Centre or Dorking Sports Centre, where patients will receive 20 supervised sessions to be completed within a 12 week period. The first, middle and final sessions will be on a one-to-one basis with the Referral Instructor.
Are you eligible?
- Those whose activity levels are sedentary or inactive
- those who have the capacity and motivation to increase their levels of physical activity
- those who want support to become more active
In conjunction with at least one of the following:
- Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes
- Hypertension (<180/100mmHg)
- Hyperlipaemia (>5mmol/I)
- BMI>30 (BMI<25 if another risk factor is present)
- Chronic respiratory disease
- neurological conditions such as Multiple Sclerosis
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Stable angina
- Diagnosed coronary heart disease
- Long standing back pain
- Physical disabilities where independent physical activity is suitable
- People with mental health conditions e.g. depression and anxiety
For more information, please contact your GP, Health Professional or a member of the Exercise on Referral team:
Leatherhead Leisure Centre, Guildford Road, Leatherhead, Surrey, KT22 9BL. 01372 377674 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Dorking Sports Centre, Reigate Road, Dorking, Surrey, RH4 1SN. 01306 870180 or email email@example.com