How to Swap your Home

A way to upsize, downsize, or move area if you live in social housing is to apply for a housing swap.

The first step is to register with online home swapping websites such as HomeSwapper and House Exchange.

You can then search for available swaps. When you've found a swap, contact your landlord.

If you are in receipt of housing benefit and are looking for a larger property, please check or seek advice about how this could affect your housing benefit entitlement.