Housing Options

Here you can find out how to get clear, impartial advice and help on a wide range of housing issues.

If you are experiencing difficulties with any of the issues listed below or need further information, in the first instance, you should use the online housing options self assessment, by using the Housing Options Wizard link.

  • accessing private rented accommodation
  • applying for a Housing Association home in Mole Valley
  • claiming housing benefit
  • harassment and illegal eviction
  • housing rights when there is a relationship breakdown
  • mortgage rescue
  • poor housing conditions and disrepair
  • relocating to other areas of the country
  • rent and mortgage problems
  • tenancy rights

If you are facing homelessness within 56 days please refer to Are you facing homelessness? page.

If you still require further advice or assistance, you can speak to the Housing Options team at Mole Valley District Council by calling 01306 885001 or you can arrange a personal interview at the offices of Pippbrook, Dorking.

Appointments are available from 9am - 4pm, Monday to Friday. It is not possible to arrange an appointment between 12pm and 2pm. Advice is also available to private landlords.

Our Baseline Service offer - What you can expect from us;

  • All households can access our free housing advice service and discover the options available to them by using the housing options wizard
  • All households can telephone to speak to a Housing Options officer for advice over the telephone or in a pre-arranged interview at the Council Offices or at a different location when necessary
  • All households will receive written confirmation of the housing options and advice given to them
  • All households are eligible to apply for assistance with rent deposit bonds to enable access to the private rented sector. Acceptance will be dependent on past housing history, affordability and subject to a housing options interview.
  • All single people with a local connection can request referrals to supported housing providers in the district and elsewhere in Surrey
  • All single people without a local connection can be assisted with reconnecting to other areas for supported housing
  • All homeless single people and couples can receive assistance from the Council, supported by East Surrey Outreach Service 
  • All households can be referred to the ETHOS programme for help with accessing employment and training opportunities.
  • All households can receive advice on their situation with regards to applying for social housing

If your households fits into one of the following categories it may be that there are other specific actions that the Council can take to help with this;

(a) people leaving prison or youth detention accommodation,

(b) young people leaving care,

(c) people leaving the regular armed forces of the Crown,

(d) people leaving hospital after medical treatment for physical injury or illness or mental illness or disorder as an inpatient,

(e) people with a learning disability, or

(f) people receiving mental health services in the community.

These actions measures may involve us visiting you in prison or hospital to assess your needs before you leave. It may also involve accessing specific help with other professional agencies that you are dealing with such as welfare officers within the armed forces, or care co-coordinators within mental health services. Whatever your situation, please call us so that we can discuss your housing situation and individual needs and how best to proceed.